DAYS 2, 3, & 4

Sunday, August 04, 2013

Okay. You guys have to forgive me... already. Blogging every day is a big responsibility! I promise that I DO have a daily blogging plan for each day this month, but things have been slightly hectic this weekend, simply because that is the nature of our lives. I hope you all could relate to that. The good news is, it is the end of day four, and we have not spent ONE PENNY!!! (Quite literally, considering we accidentally forgot to pay rent on Saturday...oops.) This week were are house sitting for some very gracious hosts, and in the midst of packing and going back and forth between our apartment and their place, we pretty much forgot what day is was. So that may result in a teeny late fee, but nonetheless we are still on track for our goal of $1,400!

I am happy to report that Scott and I are experiencing minimal withdrawal from our fast food life style. We made great strides this weekend! Friday night I was hoping for us to have our first free date night, but instead I became completely immersed in a baking frenzy. And all from scratch!




This was our dinner. Whole Wheat Alfredo Pizza. It was SO good. And I have never been more proud of a dough I've produced than this one right here. Perfection. It was really easy, especially for a Friday night dinner. The dough only took an hour to rise, and about 15 minutes to bake. I highly recommend you try it for yourself!

Whole Wheat Alfredo Pizza
For Dough


  • 1 1/2 tbsp active dry yeast
  • 1 cup lukewarm water
  • 1 tsp salt
  • pinch of sugar
  • 3 - 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  •  Find the directions here.
    -----------------------------------------------


  • 3 tbsp oil olive
  • 4-5 tbsp alfredo sauce
  • 2 cups mozzarella cheese
  • Italian seasoning to taste
  • Garlic powder to taste 

  • Pre-heat oven to 350º, spread olive oil and alfredo on spread out pizza dough, top with mozzarella and italian seasoning & garlic poweder to taste. Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.

    My other project Friday night was for our friend David's birthday party we were attending the next day, so Scott and I got crafty and put together a pretty impressive gift together for not spending any money on it!

    I made an adorable little cake jar (with whole wheat cake from scratch, still haven't gotten the verdict on that) with a cream cheese icing. A re-gifted book, and uhm, "repurposed" birthday card made from cardboard and paper. I was so thankful for David's kind words about our gift!

    All in all I would say our first weekend without spending has been a success. This week I'll be buying a bridesmaid dress using the money earned from us house sitting (which means more moola towards our goal!) and also putting together a tiny Pinterest going away party without spending anything. 


    I hope you'll check back soon! We need all the encouragement we can get! 







    You Might Also Like

    0 comments

    Like us on Facebook

    Subscribe