DAY 20 (& 21)

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Day 20 I officially started my week long deep cleaning stint... except it's now Wednesday and I only have one day down. That's the beauty of life, right? Monday I got down to business and did some much needed spring (but now almost fall....) cleaning in our bedroom. I folded and sorted through our laundry... SO. MUCH. LAUNDRY. And I also got underneath our bed and found way more than you should ever find under a couple of 20-something's bed. I recovered many pairs of long lost shoes! And the rest was more or less old receipts from pant pockets that needed to be thrown away....

Tuesday night I was ready to conquer the closet, but for some reason once I got home I was feeling way too nauseous and tired to do anything. So I did what I told myself I wouldn't do for the sake of your reading enjoyment and approval... I did nothing. I sat on the couch and watched House all night with my husband, and it was really nice. I was in bed by 10, and in a phenomenally better mood when I woke up this morning. I think the busy-ness of our lives has been well enough documented to justify a lazy day every now and then, right? I'm just sorry that's not as interesting for you to read about. 

Tonight's plan would be to conquer the closet and make up for lost ground, but there is a chance that we won't be home until late tonight becauuusee... we're finally selling our car!!! We have an official meeting the CarMax tonight to trade our baby focus in. It's both sad and exhilarating at the same time. We're hoping to make a little more than we owe, and put that towards our card. It won't be a part of our $1,400 goal, but it is a part in our overall credit card payoff plan we've created. What's even better, once we don't have this car payment anymore, our insurance will also drop, saving us close to $300 per month! That is a great chunk in what could be going towards our debt reduction per month. 

This month is really flying by, and I'm really sorry that I haven't been documenting it better. But I do want to thank everyone who has been keeping up with us, and my blog. Scott and I have been receiving so much encouragement from everyone. I get asked almost every day about how our no-spend month is going. And honestly, it has not been horrible at all! We're actually really excited to try this again, and I have confidence to know that we can do it again successfully with all of the great support we have behind us. 

Okay, I'm talking like the month is over... We still have a week and a half to go, and we're starting to run low on resources. No more chicken after tonight, pasta is gone, and well... that's basically all we ever eat. (It's pretty impressive that we made it to the 20th before running out of that stuff right?)  So I'll get back to you in a week and a half with how we're feeling about it then. 

I have pictures for my cleaning stint, but right now I only have "befores." Maybe if I get through a decent amount of cleaning that I originally planned for I'll be able to post them with some "afters." I'm just not ready for you to judge me on how our bedroom looks 90% of the time without being confident that I do clean it, too.

Can you tell where we made a really bad decision?
Still, things are starting to look up!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe