DAY 7: WEEK ONE REVIEW

Friday, August 09, 2013

WE DID IT!!!! We have made it an entire week without spending any money! And, we are still completely on track to meet our $1,400.00 goal.

I feel like resisting the temptation to spend has been relatively easy this past week, but we also have been crazy busy, and not at home. We can feel it creeping up on us too. Seriously, I curse in my mind just about every time I think about Chik-fil-a. And don't even mention tax-free weekend to me, because I might start crying. I am proud of us though. It has been hard, having to put in the effort to cook a meal every night, preferably enough to make leftover for lunch the next day, and then carry on with whatever plans we have for the night. I've thought many times this week about how much easier it would be to just hit up a drive-thru and move on. Even if it lessens our lives by a year or two... On the upside though I am getting a lot faster at prepping food, and once it's all said and done I am glad that we didn't give in, and the chore wasn't even that hard to begin with. Scott is even starting to see some weight changes simply from me cooking every night! We know that we're just getting started, and we are NOT ready to give in yet! BRING IT WEEK TWO!!!
_____________________________________________________________________________



And in even more exciting news, I present to you, a free going away party:




 



I wish I could have gotten better pictures of everything, but I was seriously running a million miles an hour setting up until the guests started to arrive. So I snapped these few while the first couple of guests walked in. The paper flag garland is made of maps of all of the places our friends are going. Oklahoma, Oregon, China, and Belarus (Thanks, Google Maps!). We had all the guests sign a framed picture of Texas as their going away keepsake. And HOW could anyone leave Texas without some original Dublin Dr. Pepper??? I found the tagline on Pinterest, and I crack up every time I think about the fact I actually used it on a gift to other adults. But they enjoyed it too! 

P.S. You don't have to tell me how pitiful my cake looks, I made it after 9 p.m., so I was no longer in my "Pinterest Perfect" state-of-mind..... which may be even more pitiful. But I do have to tell you, it tasted in-cred-i-ble. And it was whole wheat vanilla cake, with cinnamon sugar frosting. 

Even if you can't really see it through these pictures, this party was incredible. It may not have been extravagant by any means, (mostly because there were no means by which to make it extravagant) but we all shared our favorite memories of those leaving, and even after I felt like I knew all of those people better. I am really am losing five incredible people in my life, and I will miss them so much.  I really enjoyed putting this all together, but everyone else really pulled together to make it amazing. I love our CityView community so much!

Anyone have any thoughts? I'd love to hear them!

Glad to be one week in. Only three more to go!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe